Monday

New Beginnings

Hi All,
Today I completed my 75th month of racing without any base. Well that’s not entirely true; according to my training diary I did do one long run on the 14th of December, but that mishap was due to my new Garmin giving me poor direction.

Unsurprisingly my racing has been going really well but I’ve had some horrible luck. Each race this season I should have won but my shoelaces keep coming undone towards halfway and when I stop to do them up everybody passes me. My Coach Filipe Oosterhoff and my local sports science lab is helping me with this. We are both frustrated as I would be winning these races quite comfortably.

Training wise, it’s going smoothly at the moment. Yesterday I completed 18x400s on the track leaving on 60secs. I was spewing my guts up at the end so I guess that will make me run faster come next September. Just have to make sure I’m well recovered. My diet is something very important to my success. Before and after each session I make sure I inject myself with carbohydrate as this helps me perform and recover to maximum levels. Of course I couldn't recover as well as I do without my sponsors. Thanks to them [sponsors] I have great training and racing gear but it’s always nice when I get new items. The other day I went to the sports science centre so I could have my gait analysis checked. They say my pinky toe is out by a few mm so I made sure I got the new vibram 5 fingers to reduce the risk of injury.


That’s all for now, I am late for my track session. 3x200's with 45mins rest between.


Train Hard,
Fig

No comments:

Post a Comment