Tuesday

disappoint..ed

Hi world.
Disappointed is the title that comes to mind as I type this post. At the moment I’m blogging at 10,000ft from my dad’s hot air balloon on a flight from Düsseldorf to Amsterdam. You might think a balloon would be very slow but keep in mind the time it takes to get through airport lines and terminals etc. Unbeknown to most people Ballooning is the most efficient way of travel and quite frankly I need to be in Amsterdam A.S.A.P. Dad’s balloon is perfect for travel in continental Europe.

I guess you’re wondering “what’s so disappointing about a balloon ride, Fig?”
Well as you have probably read in your local paper I have become injured. I have a ruptured ATM (ass to mouth) band and need surgery on it right away. Initially myself and EARTHIS (earth institute of sport) thought it was a niggle and did some physiotherapy for a few hours but now it’s blown up. I'm on my way to Amsterdam to see the EARTHIS surgeon Dr. Henry Nibbelke to get the operation underway.
I met Dr. Nibbelke (Nibbles as his friends call him) when I was staying with my old coach Filippus Oosterhoff. I hope I don’t bump into him while I’m there. Awkward!

In other news I'm sad to report I have fired Iva Schmalldich as coach. Becoming injured with "ass to mouth" last week has given me thinking time and we have mutually decided to part ways. I have had the best time in Düsseldorf with him but I simply can’t afford to get injured like this again. He will remain a good friend. 

I better go, we are about to land and I can’t really type as I have to man the Gimbal. For those few who are unaware of what a gimbal is, it basically enables me to aim the flame to avoid overheating the envelope fabric.

Train hard for me.


FJ

PS: Some people have tried to get in contact with my manager Dick. His website is richardcravin.com. Not dickcravin.com as some people have thought. Unless you are into homosexual bondage pornography, I would advise against dickcravin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment