
Blogging today from Mørsvikbotn, Norway!!! SOOO beautiful! I’ve traveled here by dog sled over the past few days with Bert from Amsterdam. Turned out to be pretty difficult without any snow, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity. I've always had a love of abusing animals for personal gain.
< Photo of my workers
I'm
here training with my new coach Knut Louse and his group of athletes. There are
High Jumpers, Shot Putter's, Pole dancers... um, vaulters etc.
He
holds a degree in Sport Science so he looks after a lot of different athletes.
I
have trained probably the hardest I have in a long time whilst in Norway. Each day
we start with a V02 Max test. My numbers are pretty good, I hit 89.3 or
something, I can’t remember exactly.
After lunch we head to the wind tunnel to make sure my aerodynamics are improving especially after the episode in Germany a few weeks back. Around 2pm we have a nap in the Altitude tent and then head to the track for the afternoon session. 8-10 30sec stretches.
After lunch we head to the wind tunnel to make sure my aerodynamics are improving especially after the episode in Germany a few weeks back. Around 2pm we have a nap in the Altitude tent and then head to the track for the afternoon session. 8-10 30sec stretches.
I
have never stretched before I arrived here but it is doing wonders for my
fitness. Today’s session was 8x30sec calf stretching (with a partner). My
partner for the afternoon workouts is Pole Pole Vaulter Ivana Fucyurdikov. She
is here from Warsaw working on her flexibility with Knut. I'm
enjoying working with her as she is quite the looker. She will most likely ask
me to a foreign movie this week so I’m looking forward to that!
I will put up a picture of her working the pole for you all when I can. It’s just magic to watch.
All good on the injury front, I healed up from surgery really well in The Netherlands so a special thanks goes out to Dr. Nibbelke and my favorite Amsterdam coffee shop “Mellow Yellow” (for easing the pain).
I best be off, I have to go and ice the absolute shit out of my legs so I can have a good stretching workout tomorrow.
Stretch hard,
Fig.
I will put up a picture of her working the pole for you all when I can. It’s just magic to watch.
All good on the injury front, I healed up from surgery really well in The Netherlands so a special thanks goes out to Dr. Nibbelke and my favorite Amsterdam coffee shop “Mellow Yellow” (for easing the pain).
I best be off, I have to go and ice the absolute shit out of my legs so I can have a good stretching workout tomorrow.
Stretch hard,
Fig.
No comments:
Post a Comment