Thursday

Monaco!

Hello from Monaco!!
I’m currently in Monaco with my Psychologist Hansell. He thinks I should stay for another couple of weeks as I'm still quite fragile from Nepal. While I'm here my parents have taken the opportunity to leave there chalet in Switzerland to come and keep me company in this hard time. It's great to know I will always have their support no matter how many times I disappoint them. They know I'm living my dream.


I thought I would let all you guys in on a day in the life of an elite athlete, It’s a busy but rewarding lifestyle!


Directly from my training diary:


6am: 50x200 @ 30sec [Go Hard] (drive to and from in Alfa Romeo)
7am: Breakfast (Iron Man food)
8am: Rest
10am: Sports Psyc session with Dr. Balsag
12am: Lunch and watch Ellen with mum
2pm: nap
4pm: 10x650s @4:13km pace (drive to and from in Alfa)
6pm: Pasta dinner
7pm: TV time with family
9pm: Beeeddddd tttimmmmeeeeeee


Well there you go, a day in the life. I would never have it any other way!


Also, I should add myself and coach Filipe Oosterhoff have split since my post a week ago. I feel he doesn’t have the resources to further my career. As they say "when one door opens, another door opens"...or something. Well that is exactly what’s happened here in Monaco. Highly ranked German coach Iva Schmalldich has been in Monaco for a coaching seminar and has invited me to train with his group in Dusseldorf starting in early January. This is hugely exciting as I’ve always wanted to go to Germany. I hear it’s beautiful this time of year.


Anyway, I’m off to recover my legs in my new NORMA-TEC MVP recovery machine.

Until next time

Fig


Me and Coach Iva Schmalldich

No comments:

Post a Comment